Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Soldier On



FICTION : So the last weeks have been difficult. Upper Guidance boulevard has been put on lockdown and you really can't get anywhere without proper documentation. It's depressing to see a turn such as this for the DMZ, but recently they installed electricity throughout the day - so I suppose everything levels out.

Being in the Senior class of society is a lot different, everyone else is just attempting to get by and make it to fight another day. But everyone in this class; we're all just focused on getting transfers to other cities next year. It's incredible to see how far everyones come and how hard they've fought to get out, and it's also really incredible to imagine how quickly all of that could end. A helicopter could crash on the way in or out at any point, or you could get gunned down or caught in cross fire with the military and rebels. But at this age, that doesn't seem to matter to these people. They just focus on themselves and their friends, and they make it out okay.

They soldier on.

FACT : School is really hard. I finished writing my college essays, ( I have several) and I'm really scared I won't be able to make a living out of photography. All I can hope is that I can use my talents and personality to make it out of the school and into the real world.

"Life is a balancing act. Too much work and too little play, and vice versa will lead you nowhere. You'll never, actually live."

No comments:

Post a Comment