Friday, January 21, 2011

In The Valley


FICTION: Snow fall has downed all communication with the DMZ. I'm writing this article from my apartment outside the city with my host company. Jordana just got home from a long distance conference in the West where it's really warm, and got a rather chilly welcome back to the cold as his car was covered in a few feet of snow. I only had two days in the DMZ this week. But as I said, i'm finally sponcered so my concern for the DMZ is falling rapidly, on a personal note. There was a mass shooting on Wednesday - no one was killed but the figures appear to be 20 injured, and 4 arrested. I almost got shot myself, it was quite frightening as it was very close to the Theatre district. I have begun some training sessions with firearms myself, and find myself to be rather sad with them. I shoot with a camera, not with a gun.

I had a get together with quite a few friends i've accumulated from the DMZ and we all went out to eat at a rundown diner on the outskirts of the city. It was very fun, and I took some videos. I am going to miss these kids. Take care.


FACT: There was only two days of school this week because of the snow. It was crazy haha. I also hooked up with the online social network for the college i'm interested in and have met quite a few new people. It's great. There was a snowball fight at lunch and i almost got hit near the radio station, someone took like buckets of snowballs and just started hurling them at people. I hung out at the Morristown Diner with some friends to celebrate my getting into Missouri. It was wonderous.

"I hope you had the time of your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment