Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nothing You Can Say Can Stop Me Going Home



The photo at the top is a bird that flew in through an open window during the summer and lived in my room for a day.

The bottom photo is the first photograph I ever took with artistic intention. Winter of sophomore year.


FICTION: Tonight is one of the more deciding moments of my life. One of those temporary moments in your pathetic excuse to idealize and time your life, that you can call a moment important. Like any other night, time crawls by; gruelingly but unrelentlessly. Maybe I should be more like Time. NO matter what happens that monster doesn't stop coming.

I created my portfolio to be sent out with applications for transfer next year. Go to better cities to get an actual education and get a real job. Get out of the DMZ. Who knows what'll happen. But almost as if to say "Give them hell, kid", a familiar face pulled me out of my psych ward courses to ask if I could represent someone the DMZ as a successfull journalist. Later I learned that the reason I was being asked on such short notice was due to their contact being MIA.

I winged it. It was fun, actually. I am very comfortable talking to large groups of people, over a hundred tonight, about my life and the experiences I go through. I didn't go into anything negative though. Just the good, like a mature, biased little reporter.

I'll change things one day guys - just you wait.

FACT: I finished my college applications tonight as well as my college photography portfolio. Gojakego. I also represented success for the Freshman Night, with two other people. It went really well I love talking about that stuff with people.

Wish me luck people, God's speed.

"Teenagers scare the living shit out of me." - Gerald Way

No comments:

Post a Comment